XAnimatedActor

Sep 24, 2008 at 8:15 AM
After a little work, I've got XAnimatedActor working.  It requires changes to XActor, XRenderer, Model.fx... well a whole bunch of things.  The change uses the existing code with a few modifications to integrate it with the engine.  I kind of hacked up the engine code piecing it together, so it would take a little while to sort out the changes and upload a patch (if you want).
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2008 at 12:36 AM
Well, I'd love to see it. Please do upload it if you'd like. It may be implemented but I'm thinking of just going with XNAnimation because it has more features. The way I see it, it would be better to do some work implement something that is already done well, than to spend the time writing my own and have it have less features and be less well written. This is the way I went for the physics engine using JigLibX, and it turned out much better than it would have if I had written my own physics into the engine.
Sep 25, 2008 at 3:15 AM
I agree.  I took a look at XNAnimation and it looks like it wouldn't take too much time to connect it to the engine.  I will upload the code when I get it all sorted out.
Jan 12, 2009 at 2:59 PM
uhm... seems intersting but i don't see this update could you tell me a patch ?