XHeightmap Error

Sep 9, 2008 at 8:41 AM
After playing around a bit with XHeightmap, I managed to get xheightmap.load(...) to work by changing line 1 of the routine to Content.Load<texture2d>() (from X.Content) and the next line to base.X.Content.load... (from Content.load).

This has a tendency to hose my graphics card (9800GTX+).  Something is going awry in the call to X.Renderer later, causing the driver to lock up and reload.  I've gotten heightmaps to work before (on my older 8400GS).  Is there something going on that isn't thread-safe in the renderer.  Has anyone run into this problem before?
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2008 at 4:28 AM
What are you trying to do? The terrain works the way it is... I haven't seen any problems with the heightmap or renderer, on any computer I've run it on
Sep 10, 2008 at 9:29 AM
Turns out it was the size of the heightmap.  I was using one 1024x1024.  Dropping the resolution down to 600x600 works.  But as a side comment, alot of the Load methods seem to be confusing loading from the XEngine content pipeline and the User Content pipeline.  Is this a simple typo or am I missing the point.  Most content not found runtime errors can be corrected by changing the references.

Fantastic job on the engine.  I don't mean to complain so much.