Error Loading Font File.

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:23 PM
Edited Jul 23, 2008 at 4:56 AM
Hello, I am getting this error whenever I create my own project.

Error loading \"Content\\XEngine\\Fonts\\System\". File not found.

I am getting this error when I take the DLL's from the base game on the 2.1.1.4 Download I put them in the base directory,
add them as references and make sure they copy to output directory.

I don't get this error when I run the test game and everything is the same code wise. I have tried adding a font myself but it still does not fix the problem?

How is your content being loaded, when I look at your source there is content with the engine and content with the game, why is it not all with the game, then we do not need the actually projects.
That is all I can come up with is that the content loading is strange.

I am using XNA 3.0 and VS2008

Edit:

So I figured out what was wrong, and I am going to remove all the loading of content from the engine for now, is there anyway this can be donw in future releases, and just load everything with the game file, because otherwise unless you edit the the Release and compile the DLL everytime you cannot just take the DLL's.

Edit::

Well I need to eat my words, If I had made the folder tree right it would work fine, anyways I am still changing it so to get rid of the hardcoded files. This will allow easy loading of the Editor Files I realised as I was writing this.